The next Easter treat I want to talk to you about is some Lemon cookies with a lemon glaze that I made! These cookies turned out so light and tasty. I wasn't quite sure if I was going to like them since I am more of a chocolate lover; but they were actually very good!
Recipe: Lemon cookies with a Lemon Glaze
Source: Recipe from Martha Stewart
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, and lemon juice and beat until combined. With mixer on low, beat in flour mixture.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons, 1 inch apart, onto two baking sheets. Bake until edges are golden, 15 to 20 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Let cool 2 minutes on sheets, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Spread cookies with Lemon Glaze and let set, about 1 hour.
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest, and 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice until smooth.